Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still Getting Ready ie: packing and down sizing

The momentum has increased on the packing and we now have tons of boxes to go into storage. We're not going to be ready to leave on the 1st of March but we are a lot closer than we were a week ago. Donna, Billie's daughter from Delaware has been here for a week and with her help things have really progressed. Don't know what we would do without her at this point. But all good things must end and she leaves for home at 7am tomorrow.

We have changed our plans a little bit. We are going to leave things in storage in California instead of trying to move it now. We just want to get things packed and then worry about moving them someplace else. It means handling things twice but it sure releaves some presssure that I was feeling.

Sold the black pickup yesterday at a great loss but it is finally out of my hair. Won't go into that cause it just expends energy I don't have right now.

Things are looking up in St. Johns, AZ. My cousin has moved in and has got the water well working and they are living in the house with running water. So no longer feel as much urgency to get there now. He doesn't call me as much with bad news now.

Found a car tow dolly to pull the PT Cruiser behind the motor home. More money than I wanted to spend (so what else is new) but that is one less issue I have to deal with. Now to have a place to put it until we are ready to go.

I will store my truck in the storage garage we are renting with the furniture and boxes. Still have to get the shell sold.

Everyone around here has been great and helpful. Hard to think we will not be around them much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment